Saturday, August 20, 2005

My ISP deleted the domain name, so I have to get a new email address

Oh boy, now I've got work to do. My ISP, I guess because of all of the spam and the trouble it takes to administer a number of acquired companies, has deleted the domain name (orci.com) and I now have to get a new email address. It didn't take so long to get it, but the repercussions with getting the new address to my contacts will take a while. Getting my new address to my friends, family, business contacts, etc, updating my various emails lists that I belong to, and getting back to normalcy is not something I like to do since I had that email address since the first day I got onto the Internet. I would expect that some will not be able to get to me at all at some point. But I guess the upside is that my SPAM will be reduced. So what's a person to do to prevent this?

From what I'm thinking you would need two email accounts on separate domains names as well as web home pages that are placed in your email signature spot. This would allow those that you want to continue to contact you to be able to go to the second site when your deleted email account starts bouncing emails back and to locate your new email address.

Such is the modern way of technology

Update 08/21/05: My wife states that this is the time "to get your own domain name, it'll never go away then." I'm her "IT guy" and she comes up with that, I must be good for my thoughts to rub off on to her. ;-)

No comments: