Sunday, August 21, 2005

Alone with my book; Linux distro comment

OK, it's Sunday and I normally go to church but have decided not to today. Today I need to get back to my book so I sit here with my iTunes streaming Sky.fm jazz, my Firefox browser, Thunderbird email client, and Open Office office suite with my book opened up and ready to go.

With this setting, I'm off to do some work.

After half heartily working on my book yesterday it seems that I may have to do a major reorganization of the information. While I think my first organization of the information was correct, it does not lend itself to quick answers that people need. The nice thing is that it will take some work to cut and paste, it's still easier than rewriting the info all over again.

I got Fedora Core 4 in a magazine from the book store last night and installed it. It recognized my SATA hard drive, but was lousy at recognizing my monitor. Decided to drop it and reinstall Ubuntu Linux which had no trouble finding it and makes it easy to reconfigure my hardware setting. However, it did not recognize my SATA hard drive, but I still like how easy it is to move forward with it.

Well, now to work. Oh, at 32,000 words.

No comments: