Friday, December 29, 2006

John Nelson Darby's view of rich and poor

I 100% agree with Darby's comment about the rich and poor:

Darby was kind and humble in nature and his compassion and generosity towards the poor was without bounds. He observed that "Christ preferred the poor; ever since I have been converted so have I. Let those who like society better have it. If I ever get into it . . . I return sick at heart. I go to the poor; I find the same evil nature as in the rich, but I find this difference: the rich, and those who keep their comforts and their society, judge and measure how much of Christ they can take and keep without committing themselves; the poor, how much of Christ they can have to comfort them in their sorrows. That, unworthy as I am, is where I am at home and happy."

Nothing can be more truthful about the rich and poor view of Jesus Christ. It's not about what you keep, it's about what you do with what you've been given.

If you want to know more about John Darby, take a read here. The reason why he is so revered is because his emphasis was on Jesus Christ, not his own ministry, just like John the Baptist's and Moses: Jesus Christ is who is emphasized!!!

It is not about me, though, but it is about He, Jesus Christ!!

No comments: