Monday, May 29, 2006

Writer's being scammed

It is just plain bad business to be be doing this to writers, butt Angela Hoy's article Top 10 Signs You've Been Scammed Into Writing for Free shows the problems of writers and "getting into" the main stream can run into. But this also goes for other writers as well. I've been in touch with Dave Taylor of Ask Dave fame about my book and have not heard from him concerning my book as I, too, want to write a book and showcase my skills. Although he told me after seeing my Table of Contents" that I had a great idea, I needed an Editor to help get things moving along since I have over 118 pages of info already written.

Since it has been since the end of March that I have talked with Dave about my book and have helped him out personally regarding a computer, I'm still eager to see what his comments are concerning my book. He suggested that I contact No Starch Press book publisher, I have to put together a book proposal about my book. I'm working on it and should be done shortly. My purpose of writing the book is to showcare my thought processes and not showcase my writing.

We're moving on.

No comments: