Sunday, May 21, 2006

US Media: Liberal or Too Liberal with Islam?

My wife and I watched the movie "Good Night and Good Luck" about Edward R. Murrow's "discussion" and op-ed pieces regarding Sen. McCarthy's hunt for communists in all sorts of places showed how fabricated McCarthy's sensabilities were about communism, but had shown how McCarthy had taken fear beyond what was realistic. However, after viewing the movie I've come to conclusion that today's media no longer carries along tje tradition as Murrow has established.

As seen on Dr. Salah Sultan's web site, who is president of the American Center for Islamic Research (ACIR), shows that the US media has not picked up on someone who is living right under American's noses and is expressing hatred for Americans. Why? In fact, Dr. Sultan's resume, which I was able to download on his english side of his web site states "• Vision: To live happily. To die as a martyr. To meet the beloved ones in the Paradise of the Lord of the heaven and the earth." which you can download and see for yourself.

While free speech is protected by our Constitution, I wonder if those that teach others to yell "Fire!'" in a crowded movie theater when there is no fire but DOES cause harm to others is prosecutable? As is used on the Internet, IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer) but I'd keep a close eye on Dr. Sultan, because he's one to incite others to action in his comments.

I believe in Ronald Reagen's approach: Trust, but Verify!

No comments: