Sunday, July 17, 2005

Walt Disney, failure, his views and my thoughts

As I've been writing my book, I've always heard that Walt Disney had difficulties with his business, but now that I've read about what he went through, I don't see it as bad. Or, at least I can see some of the light at the end of the tunnel I'm going through. It's nice to know that Walt was not immune to things and that those in leadership positions need to communicate with those below to help understand the issues involved with running a business. Walt's dealing with his strike means that while he considered his employees his family, they considered it a job. When you let other become "part owners" in your vision, not only are the failures felt by everyone, so are the successes. I particularly don't like entrepreneurs who state "It's MY business," and while it is true, they fail to see that they bring on others that are helping them along and it's their career their staking on the entrepreneur's vision as well.

It was also good to read that Walt Disney has faith in God (Walt Disney on Faith, Church, Bible Study, Prayer & God), it's a shame that today you can't mention God without offending others. He wasn't offensive at all, but believed that there is good in people.

No comments: