Sunday, July 17, 2005

If you hit the tree, you missed the forest

As I begin my quest of building my own business and writing my book documenting this growth and the computer use involved and needed, my good friend Triche Guenin's skills and talents may be above the needs of the normal SMB of under 10 employees, but as you begin growing you can't lose site of your vision and the necessary changes that may need to occur in which her experience will undoubtfully come into play.

Why do I state this? Because as another entrepeneur Roger Denton of SharePlan fame, a project management software that less complicated than Microsoft's Project and is great for the SMB market, notes that most tools that are simple can get the job done just as well as the more expensive ones.

As an SMB owner, don't feel that you have to pay through the nose for good stuff. Keep it simple and make sure that you keep your vision in front of you instead of the tree.

No comments: