Monday, January 23, 2006

iPods: Maintaining them and finding answers

My wife has an iPod mini that I got for her less than a year ago and she's been having an issue with it. But after going to Apple's Support web site or the iPod Support site and the iPod Updater Software web site I realized that my wife had not updated her iPod software since she got it last year. But another thing happened that I was not aware of: that by using the Mac "Software Update" I had actually automatically downloaded all of the iPod Updater software that was located under the Applications > Utilities > iPod Updater folder and when I checked this folder all of the updates to the iPod software were there. Wow!! And I thought I had to download the newest version each time one came out.

The other part was that the "Five R's" do work. Fortunately, my wife's issue was not a hardware issue but a software one which, for those that have been around computers for any length of time, most of the time issues are with software and not hardware. This means that you can do things at home and not have to call your friends and visit an Apple technician.

So, my wife is happy again with her iPod and I learned something new today.

No comments: