Thursday, June 16, 2005

Programming on Windows or Mac?

Just talked with a new Mac convert today about his experience with his new 2.7 GHz G5 Mac. He's been a .NET and JAVA developer for a number of years and after only four weeks (two weeks using his new Mac and 2 converting all of his developing work over to his Mac) he's decided that the Mac is the only way to go for the long term. As he stated "Programming on the Mac because of Apple's encouragement and insistence of following coding guidelines on the Mac has made me a better Windows programmer." So there you have it, Macs increase your quality and expertise as a programmer because insistence on you writing better code, or in other words, expecting quality begets quality efforts. As I continue to write my book for the SMB market of under 20 employees I'll have more to say as I digest this information.

No comments: